Monday 4 February 2013

Logo Development:

I had a go at creating logo's with my initials on illustrator trying out various font's and styles...



I drew out some logo designs influenced by the cut out logo's I made in the workshop...
I started to draw out some of my favourite designs using the pen tool on Illustrator...



After messing around with a few different designs, experimenting with scale, shape's and colours, I decided that this design would be the best shape for my logo... I'm working on skateboard & character design so I wanted my logo to be bold, simple and easily recognisable.. In my research I looked at skate company logo's so I tried to use the skateboard logo's to inspire and influence my design... 

For this design I tried to keep the outline simple... I wanted the outline of the logo to look similar to the outline of a skateboard so that it would relate to my work...
I drew the bottom of both the J's and the curve of the D to look similar in size and scale and to look like the curved ende of a skateboard, therefore looking like 3 half boards overlapping to create my initials for JJDesign...


Development: experimenting with colours and outlines...




This is by far my favourite logo design... I think I'm going to use this shape/design for my logo, I just need to decide which colours/style would best suit...

No comments:

Post a Comment