Tuesday 5 February 2013

3D Packaging Development:

While I was researching 3D packaging I found a net package in the shape of a skateboard which I downloaded from:

This Net was designed to be made into a full scale model of a skateboard including the deck, trucks and wheels...

My packaging idea was to have some sort of skateboard deck shaped box which would contain my skateboard designs therefore I wouldn't need the added trucks/wheels this net has...

I used the skateboard net from this design, scaled it onto a4 paper and then proceded to cut it out & build it... By doing this I could take inspiration for my own net packaging design...




This was the finished 'Deck' package...


I tried to add a folded locking device to hold the package together however I wasn't successful as it would need to be added to the original net design before printing...


This prototype helped me to get an understanding of how I could design my own skateboard shaped net package...


No comments:

Post a Comment