Monday 28 January 2013

KID ACNE:

Kid Acne: Artist, Comic-writer, fanzine author, record label boss, hip-hop artist, street artist, toy designer, the list goes on....

"Kid Acne spent his formative years painting graffiti, creating fanzines and making limited release records on his own Invisible Spies imprint.
Nowadays, his artwork can been seen throughout the globe – both inside and outside the gallery,
in wheatpastes and rap-sprays from New York to Azerbaijan.
His signature style has adorned products for the world’s leading brands, while the man himself continues to paint epic slogans in sub-zero temperatures. 

And he still has acne."  - www.kidacne.com

Kid acne has always been one of my favourite designers, I love his graffiti work, his individual style, and especially his cartoon characters... 

Ed is from sheffield so I have been lucky enough to meet him a few times... I remember meeting kid acne at his exhibition in sheffield last year and was lucky enough to have a chat about his work... He told me about his art work, sketchbook work, cartoon figures/characters and of course his graffiti work... he also started telling me about his work with music, and showed me a couple of the albums he had designed... Turns out Kid Acne makes his own music/album artwork and all his own gig/event advertisement...
Ive had a browse round looking for examples of Kid Acne's:

Album Artwork:



Leaflets/Posters Advertising his work:

(as you can see his classic style & characters are carried through to every piece of his work creating an easily recognisable identity)


Graffiti work: 


Kid Acne Print

Kid acne is a Legend in sheffield, and his work can now be found worldwide.... I really like kid acne's style, his graffiti and his iconic graffiti type face, but mostly because he is original and fresh.
It's nice to see that one designer can be involved in so many different areas of work, and shows there's no boundaries if you're willing to explore...

I'm going to have a go at drawing some of my own illustrations/characters inspired by Kid acne which will hopefully inspire some ideas for my Logo & Branding strategy...



No comments:

Post a Comment