Tuesday 29 January 2013

BANKSY:


Banksy is a mystery, He is an artist that spreads his views & opinions on the world through his graffiti work... Unlike other artists, Banksy keeps himself hidden under a mask of his own name... 
"He is perhaps the most famous, or infamous, artist alive. To some a genius, to others a vandal. Always controversial, he inspires admiration and provokes outrage in equal measure."

I love the fact that Banksy's work has a strong messages behind it, sometimes obvious, sometime hidden... He uses stencil's for most of his work so that the process is quick rather than taking hours spraying his designs with spray cans... 



"Design a package that reflects your unique skills and interests as a graphic designer. Develop a branding strategy and logo that communicates your interests as a designer and can be applied to a packaging design"


According to the brief: My Logo & package design should reflect my unique skills and interests as a graphic designer therefore using graffiti is perfect... I love working with mixed media, getting messy & hands on with paint, collaged backgrounds, pen drawings and especially with paint... Therefore it only makes sense that my logo/3d package should incorporate some sort of graffiti/mixed media work if it is going to represent me as a designer...


After I've decided on a logo, I will have a go at creating a stencil of it to use with spray paint...



  



 


 




   

No comments:

Post a Comment