Wednesday 8 May 2013

Tribal face animations:

For the final section of my animation I planned to animate some sort of tribal face/faces coming out of the smoke produced by the fire...


Using the pen tool on after effects I drew up some simple shapes for the eyes & mouth... I tried to animate the mouth in sync with the tribal voices on the track...
This was good for my development process however in my opinion the face looks too lateral, and doesn't fit with the style in the rest of the animation...

following this attempt on after effects I decided I would draw the faces by hand using the same technique & style as the background & firewood resulting with the coherent style throughout the animation...

I drew up multiple variations so that I could choose the best suited one for my animation...




I chose to use this drawing because of it's rough abstract style, It looks intimidating with a strong tribal influence also unlike the others it is not too lateral. The next step is to scan it into after effects and begin animating... 




No comments:

Post a Comment